Validator node SyncInfo

Hi,

I have a question regarding the SyncInfo messages. I understand most of the steps that are executed when a SyncInfo message is received but I am wondering what happens when multiple SyncInfo messages are received at the validator node. Does the Validator node only sync to one SyncInfo or are all SyncInfo messages executed concurrently somehow? For example: When a more actual SyncInfo is received does the node drop the currently executing SyncInfo?

Have a nice day!

Jeanpierre

1. consensus runs in a event loop polling messages from queue, which process messages sequentially.
  2. network messages are kept in a LIFO queue with size 1 per author per message type.

Does the Validator node only sync to one SyncInfo or are all SyncInfo messages executed concurrently somehow?
only sync to one.

For example: When a more actual SyncInfo is received does the node drop the currently executing SyncInfo?
no, it doesn’t drop. but if there’re multiple sync info from the same author, it’ll only keep the last one.

Thank you for your answer. If I understand correctly consensus network messages are kept in a LIFO queue with size 1 per author per message type. If the network consists of 5 nodes every node can concurrently sync to 4 SyncInfo messages, max 1 for each other node. And then hold 4 SyncInfo messages in the LIFO queue, 1 for each other node.