Troubleshoot section of “Minting and Adding Money to Account” in My First Transaction is too bare. Other than saying to wait and try again if it doesn’t work, and querying the account state to check whether it exists, it doesn’t really say much.
Since yesterday, I’ve been trying to mint several times without success. Usually, the mint request does pass, but the balance never gets updated and the output of
query account_state is always this one:
libra% query account_state 0 >> Getting latest account state Latest account state is: Account: c2f4a9e4aef75dad197a8df7bf98ee5c7d58a91226cf3f8eea3edfdb69797749 State: None Blockchain Version: 10725675
From time to time, however, I do get the following error when I try to mint:
[ERROR] Error minting coins: Failed to query remote faucet server[status=500]: "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN\">\n<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>\n<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>\n<p>The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.</p>\n"
But it does go away after I try enough times.
In brief, any ideas to troubleshoot? I would also like to take the chance to recommend updating the docs with more troubleshoot ideas. This is the very first interaction many of us have with the testnet.
Details of my system:
- Very fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
- Dell Inspiron-15-7000-Gaming
- Dual boot PC. Windows 10 was the only operative system before I decided to make a partition to install Ubuntu so that I could try the testnet.
- The size of the partition for Ubuntu is 36 GB. 24 GB of free space.
- I don’t know if it is relevant, but I’ve been having to run this command first to make the .sh scripts work afterwards:
sed -i -e 's/\r$//' ./scripts/[SCRIPT NAME].sh– as if I don’t do so, I get this error
/bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory