Testnet Push Announcement for 4/1

Hey all, we will be pushing a new version of testnet today. Testnet will be down briefly. Will update this post when it’s done.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Push finished. Testnet is on revision c822a4c

2 Likes

Hi,

What’s new in this version?

2 Likes

I see the mentioned commit (c822a4c) in the git log but it looks like the testnet branch was not advanced to this commit.

1 Like

Hi all, testnet branch has been updated to c822a4c as well. New release includes some bug fixes and network changes. You can check it out here https://github.com/libra/libra/commits/testnet

3 Likes

Today I got an error message about invalid length of the public key, yesterday it worked. Any hints on which change causes that? I was using the grpc api.

2 Likes

There are some changes in the LCS, please see details at this commit: https://github.com/libra/libra/commit/b9a97072a62b5f941c041368145fe3ff8e461899

4 Likes

Golang LCS library updated.

1 Like

Testnet seems to be updated yesterday and there are many incompatible changes.

I just updated MOL Explorer for these changes.

Seems there are again changes in the api / transaction serialization. I tried to browse through the commits but didn’t manage to find out what causes it to break. Would you @yuan-xy be again kind enough to briefly describe what you had to change?
Sad that the libra project can’t give this information when making new releases.

Libra-client and Libra-core project are updated to version ‘0.8.4’ and ‘0.8.5’ respectively.

Major changes are:

• allows transaction scripts to have type parameters. peer_to_peer script now needs a type parameter, otherwise the p2p transaction will fail. https://github.com/MoveOnLibra/libra-core/blob/b9d23e2528eefc2e5104ac6db891e7102729dab3/libra/transaction/script.py#L44
  • ContractEvent and LedgerInfo now became enum with ‘V0’ point to inner object.
  • rename validator_public_keys to validator_info, and vadidator_set format changed.
  • Change genesis transaction to WaypointWriteSet
  • mint key is changed because of lcs change
  • proto files have some changes too, for example: ledger_info_with_sigs is changed to lcs bytes instead of protobuf object.
1 Like

Thanks! It was the type parameter for the script that was missing from my code :+1:

I’m curious, what is this type tag that is now required for Script? Sending a transaction now works when I add it, but I’d like to understand the purpose of it.
I noticed in the previous update, the RawTransaction also got this in the gasSpecifier field. The transaction cannot be made without these, but the values are constants. Can I do something with the TypeTag or what’s the point in passing constant values to the api?

It’s the <LBR::T> in move language.

0x0::LibraAccount::pay_from_senderLBR::T(payee, auth_key_prefix, amount)

I think the benifits is that you can send other coin with the same pay_from_sender function.

1 Like

Ok, that makes sense, I didn’t know they were implementing support for other coin also.
Thanks for the explanation.

Javascript and Golang client library updated. Now works with the latest (Apr.8th) testnet.