Tell us how to install libra step by step, we are not programmers

Please, tell us how to install libra step by step, we are not programmers

2 Likes

What OS, Do you have?
You could try to create a Linux Virtual machine, for beginners I recommend Ubuntu.
After that you could try this instructions:

1 Like

Hi… I’ve been following the last step of the installation. However, it stayed more than 30 minutes on the following message:

Compiling rand_jitter v0.1.4
Compiling regex-syntax v0.6.7
Building [===============> ] 147/477: regex-syntax

I have [ubuntu-xenial-1] running on a google cloud instance.

Is there something wrong? Did it install already?

@henlatourrette
Try using an instance with more RAM. I compiled ok with 2 CPU 4GB RAM, but got stuck with a smaller instance.

1 Like

I made a project that is pretty much as simple as it gets step-by-step for Linux: https://github.com/jonrau1/AWS-Libra-Blockchain

However, what instructions are you struggling with? The my first transaction talks through it at a high level, infrastructure management does not have anything to do with programming

Thank you Trusty. I’ve changed the virtual machine configuration to a more powerful one and it went through it.

However, now I have encountered another error, any suggestion? thanks!

> henry_latourrette@ubuntu-xenial-1:~/libra$ ./scripts/cli/start_cli_testnet.sh
> Building and running client in debug mode.
>    Compiling grpcio-sys v0.4.4
> error: failed to run custom build command for `grpcio-sys v0.4.4`
> Caused by:
>   process didn't exit successfully: `/home/henry_latourrette/libra/target/debug/build/grpcio-sys-18712f499919ddc1/build-script-build` (exit 
> code: 101)
> --- stdout
> cargo:rerun-if-changed=grpc_wrap.cc
> cargo:rerun-if-changed=grpc
> cargo:rerun-if-env-changed=GRPCIO_SYS_USE_PKG_CONFIG
> cargo:rerun-if-env-changed=CARGO_CFG_TARGET_OS
> running: "cmake" "/home/henry_latourrette/.cargo/registry/src/github.com-1ecc6299db9ec823/grpcio-sys-0.4.4/grpc" "-DgRPC_INSTALL=false" "-Dg
> RPC_BUILD_CSHARP_EXT=false" "-DgRPC_BUILD_CODEGEN=false" "-DgRPC_BENCHMARK_PROVIDER=none" "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/henry_latourrette/li
> bra/target/debug/build/grpcio-sys-c998cb3e25589d95/out" "-DCMAKE_C_FLAGS= -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fPIC -m64" "-DCMAKE_C_COMPILE
> R=/usr/bin/cc" "-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS= -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fPIC -m64" "-DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=c++" "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug"
> -- The C compiler identification is GNU 5.4.0
> -- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
> 
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
> -- Detecting C compile features
> -- Detecting C compile features - done
> -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

fu** I cannot install this sh**

I’ll try again tomorrow with @jonrau1 recommendation using AWS… (do they have a free trial or something). The thing is, it is not working for me on my google cloud ubuntu instance.

getting better at this - getting past the previous error - now a new one:

>     error: failed to run custom build command for `network v0.1.0 (/libra/network)`
>     Caused by:
>       process didn't exit successfully: `/libra/target/debug/build/network-4f019c121d2769a7/build-script-build`
>      (exit code: 101)`Preformatted text`

If you’re having problems with dependencies, it may be easier to use the docker image instead

1 Like

Hi guys… just to share:
I still didn’t have the time to try again and finish setting up my linux gcloud server with the Libra environment. However, I did find the following site on the Github repository which I believe could be useful as well for those newbies like me:

https://libraide.com/

If you on Windows, please refer to https://medium.com/@srihamat.a/facebook-libra-on-windows-10-399aee3227ec

Follow step by step, it’s easy :slight_smile: