Running client with cargo run fails

Successfully set up the terraform infra in AWS.

I am not very familiar with using rust so not sure what this is.

I got this error when I run:

cargo run -p cli --bin cli -- -a <default-ac LB DNS name> -p 8000 -f <faucet-ac LB DNS name> -s terraform/validator-sets/dev/consensus_peers.config.toml

Debug info:

us-west-2.elb.amazonaws.com -s terraform/validator-sets/dev/consensus_peers.config.toml Finished dev [unoptimized + debuginfo] target(s) in 1.10s Running /Users/helene.henrichsen/Documents/Repos/libra/target/debug/cli -a testnet-ac-11b4eaeca5afe367.elb.us-west-2.amazonaws.com -p 8000 -f testnet-faucet-456511561.us-west-2.elb.amazonaws.com -s terraform/validator-sets/dev/consensus_peers.config.toml`
error: Found argument ‘-s’ which wasn’t expected, or isn’t valid in this context

USAGE:
cli --faucet-server --host --port

For more information try --help`

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Looks like the problem is

error: Found argument ‘-s’ which wasn’t expected, or isn’t valid in this context

As far as I can tell the cli doesn’t have a -s option. If you do

cargo run -p cli --bin cli -- --help

it will prints all the available options. Is there a document that asks you to pass the -s option, or something else?

Yeah seems that way…

It’s from the Libra Terraform Readme in github when setting the testnet up. I’m not sure exactly what the -s is supposed to do.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing me to the readme. Yeah i think that one is outdated. Will ping someone to fix it.

2 Likes

Makes sense, thank you for helping!