Is it possible investing in libra for general public?

Investing opportunities

1 Like

It’s a stable coin, there’s no upside to investing.

2 Likes

That it may be stable, but think of it this way.
There is a swing just not as bad as a regular cryptocurrency. So yes people will make money
Off of Libra. Just as they do off of they currency’s of the world.

2 Likes

You can look it to forex trading if stable money still goes up and down even the us dollar.

1 Like

Hopefully, people will be able to create custom tokens on Libra similar to ethereum - this would allow for investment in one sense. Does anyone know if Libra supports this?

1 Like

That would be awesome if we can. I would think that it will have to start somewhere low, if they start in Indonesia the dollar there isn’t very strong. So in one sense if you buy cheap you can sell high and make a fortune.

1 Like

Of course I think there will be an investment opportunity for the public who would like to take advantage of this great innovative technological solution. After all, folks make profits through trading Fiat (Forex), how much more a Crypto.

1 Like

对于外汇监管严厉的国家是一种大挑战,也许会带来新的经济格局。

1 Like

Even better, I need a stable place to put some capital in. How do we get access to the coin when its live?

Learning to save in general is a good idea for the general public. It sounds silly to some and so basic but the basic principals of saving and investing has been lost over the years. Compound interest can be an amazing thing. Can Libra provide this? Probably not, it is not meant to appreciate in value. The previous era investment was real estate, today it is things like bitcoin. Buying small amounts regularly can really turn into something big if you stick at it.

2 Likes

Paypal & Coinbase (examples)

2 Likes

Libra may not appreciate in value, but I expect to see investment platforms being built on top of it at some point. Also Libra could potentially retain value better than some national currencies do. This could make it an attractive safe haven currency that is easy to exchange, store and potentially even use for day-to-day purchases.

From what I understand, there will also be a security token involved, so…

Hi there,

Thanks for useful resources you shared. :slightly_smiling_face:
I am a newbie in the cryptocurrency space and have a couple of amateur questions about it .

1. How Libra is secure when you compare to others?
  2. How do you think of the best way to monetize Libra?

Thanks.

2 Likes

staking of libra I think . Buy and stake

1 Like

Is that like FX trading?

6. Security token offering (STO)

Libra will also issue a security token called Libra Investment Token as a way to fund incentive programs and cover operating costs. They will be only available to accredited investors as securities. Holders can earn potential profits from interest on the reserves.

what kind of business can be built around Libra?

Wallets, Payment Systems (e.g. Stripe), some sort of loan/borrow services (like DeFi on Ethereum network) etc.

1 Like

a part from building an e commerce website that accept Libra payment, I can’t see any opportunity for someone who want to launch a Libra business, to be realistic, I will not reinvent the wheel and create a payment method like stripe, or a wallet like coinbase, Since announcement made by Mark Zuckerberg I took my time studying a bunch of scenarios but can’t find vision,
who can change my mind please?