Digital Debit® Libra Ads

Hi, we are working on a release demo of Libra (testnet) for the Android version of our commercial Digital Debit® app. We will make another post about this release and its Testnet features soon.

Until then, we wanted to reveal our plans for Mainnet to show regulators (and other skeptics) some other focuses to the Libra stablecoin opportunity that can’t be delivered with fiat slow back-end pipes and Bitcoin’s unstable value. We feel we have PayPal, Venmo, CashApp, and Zelle… all are great for sending money, but Libra can do significantly more.

With our planned Libra Ads feature, advertisers will be able to issue payable QR codes with their product packaging, print ads, YouTube videos or anywhere a QR code can be presented to a user.

Our users will be able to log into either Facebook or Twitter (not both) to scan these codes that allows them to earn Libra to allow the advertiser to make a post to their timeline about their product.

These codes will auto expire when either 1) the issue limit has been reached, or 2) 3 years after the QR is generated.

What this will create is a new organic way to invigorate consumer interaction with products. We don’t want to reveal too much about our plans before Mainnet is available, so we will share our initial plans for how our Libra Ads will work.

Here is a Digital Debit® Libra Ads QR

1. User see a Libra Ad and scan or upload it.

2. Here’s a dev flow-chart of how Digital Debit process the user’s scan

We are excited about the ideas we’ve been able to realize thanks to Testnet.

Happy innovating everyone!

© 2019 Digital Debit Group | Qondado LLC.
Please visit us at digitaldebit.com

2 Likes

Hello there, interesting approach for mainstream usage.

i have some questions :

• how does vitaminwater know that i keep the post 7 days (or less or more) ? Although i guess an api call to the IDcontent (tweet or fb post) could solve this.
  • how do i tell vitamin water which one is my address/account in order to receive the amount after 7 days (or less or more) of publishing post (with specific IDcontent)
  • what is libra network necessary here ? This could work today with venmo/paypal or even bank accounts

Great post though, hopefully next couple of month we can start designing new products and services based on libra

1 Like

Hi Lucas: great questions.

1. This ads system will run from our serverless system and we will be the host platform for the advertiser and our users. We’ll have a process that check the FB or Twitter API to search for the user’s Ads post at the 7 day (with what we plan) via the params of:

Facebook API: Post {post-id}
Twitter API: GET statuses/user_timeline

1. When the user scan the Ads, our system keeps a record of the scan within a platform the Advertiser can see scan engagements, but not the private details of the users who scan it. The Advertiser will be able to see how many scan engagements their product promotions has generated and how much in payouts their campaign deposit reserves has fulfilled.

2. The idea for Ads was made while our team focused on enabling our project with Libra. We agree, this feature could be made today with PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, or any instant payment rails.