CLI Errors

Hi,

I’ve been playing around with the CLI for the public testnet following the instructions here: https://developers.libra.org/docs/my-first-transaction

Until this weekend, I was able to create accounts, mint coins, transfer coins without a problem. However, recently I haven’t been able to do any of that via the CLI. I’ve re-installed the repository and it’s up-to-date as of Sunday (6/21/2020), but the errors remain. I’m attaching some of the error messages, which seem to indicate the problem is with the TestNet. Am I missing something or is there a bug in the Public TestNet? Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to help resolve this.

Thanks!
Chris

>> Creating/retrieving next account from wallet
INFO 2020-06-22 17:24:17 testsuite/cli/src/libra_client.rs:255 Verified epoch changed to EpochState [epoch: 1, validator: ValidatorSet: [2d4c9ad5: 1, 45009200: 1, 65fe97db: 1, 7bbc44bb: 1, 987e34ea: 1, b1aaf856: 1, ]]
Created/retrieved account #0 address 852767f2a5bd38965942e20a5d63d8e0
libra% account create
>> Creating/retrieving next account from wallet
INFO 2020-06-22 17:24:27 testsuite/cli/src/libra_client.rs:268 Verified version change to: 39246648
Created/retrieved account #1 address 83ebb64aa6b33d79b4ae22fc726089ab
libra% account list
User account index: 0, address: 852767f2a5bd38965942e20a5d63d8e0, sequence number: 0, status: Local
User account index: 1, address: 83ebb64aa6b33d79b4ae22fc726089ab, sequence number: 0, status: Local
libra% account mint 0 10000 LBR
>> Minting coins
[ERROR] Error minting coins: Failed to query remote faucet server[status=500]: "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN\">\n<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>\n<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>\n<p>The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.</p>\n"
libra% account mint 1 10000 LBR
>> Minting coins
[ERROR] Error minting coins: Failed to query remote faucet server[status=500]: "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN\">\n<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>\n<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>\n<p>The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.</p>\n"
libra% transferb 0 1 10 LBR
>> Transferring
[ERROR] Failed to perform transaction: Transaction submission failed with error: JsonRpcError { code: -32000, message: "Server error: invalid value: integer `4`, expected variant index 0 <= i < 2", data: None }

Thanks for flagging this! There was a problem with the minting service, but it has been fixed as of 1:44pm PST today.

Thanks Sam!

I can confirm I’m now able to mint coins, but I’m still unable to submit transactions between accounts I’ve created in the CLI. The error is the same as above - am I doing this incorrectly or is it another bug. Apologies if I’m missing something

Thanks,
Chris

Ah, sorry that I missed the second error.

I cannot reproduce your second error. One possibility: are you using a CLI built from the Libra master branch instead of the testnet branch?

No worries - I don’t think that’s it. I’ve had similar errors in the past that were resolved by updating the repository but that didn’t seem to help in this case. I just checked and it seems like I am on the testnet branch. Please let me know if there’s anything else I should check. FYI I’ve followed the instructions on this page https://developers.libra.org/docs/my-first-transaction to install and set up my repository

sb_mainu@lab_libra:~/libra$ git checkout testnet
Already on 'testnet'
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/testnet'

Hey Sam,

I just installed the repository on a different machine and was able to successfully submit a transaction - i guess there must have been a bug in the old repository i was using (perhaps when everything was compiled?) Please let me know if you’ve got any ideas as to what the root cause might be. Otherwise, I’ll look into this further - thanks for your help!

Chris